Benefits of New Parking Technology
The ParkIndy replaced all of Indianapolis’ parking meters with upgraded single space meters and pay boxes (meters that accept payment for multiple spaces).
The benefits of our meter technology are significant:
- No more searching for coins or asking businesses for change! Meters accept phone, credit and debit card payments as well as a variety of coins.
- Beautification and bicycle convenience! Pay boxes beautify commercial areas by reducing clutter on sidewalks. Upgraded single space meters continue to offer a convenient alternative for bicycle parking.
- Green! The new meters use solar power, reducing the need to recycle thousands of 9¬‐volt and lithium batteries per year.
- Communication! Using wireless connectivity, our meters immediately inform us when a meter is broken or in need of collections. Consequently, collection and maintenance crews do not need to visit meters as often. Travel reductions will shrink the carbon footprint of our collectors and mechanics and help reduce congestion.
- Credit card protection! Your credit card information is encrypted and secure. Our new meter technology is compliant with Payment Card Industry Security Standards. This set of requirements ensures that companies that process, store, or transmit credit card information maintain a secure environment.